Yep, I’m a no-reply blogger. Here’s why!
Time and time again as I roam the blogosphere I come across posts that talk about No-Reply Bloggers as if they are the vilest things that exist online.
Apparently it is extremely horrible that instead of using your email to connect to someone, you have to click to their site and leave a comment there instead. Horrors!!
Now, I’ve read these posts about No-Reply Bloggers and how to fix it. Those instructions work great for people using Blogger. But you know what? Not everybody uses Blogger.
So why am I an (evil) No-Reply Blogger? Because I use WordPress. Yes, you know, that other excellent blogging platform. WordPress does not have a little “show email when replying” option. No, it doesn’t. WordPress users are NOT being rude and evil on purpose. We are not the blogosphere “scum” you think we are. We just don’t have that option.
Apparently the other fix for the “No-Reply Blogger” is to sign in with your gmail.com address. Not everybody has a gmail address, either. I do, but that’s beside the point.
Do you know what *I* don’t like about the gmail option? The link to my blog doesn’t show up in the email you get. You have to click my name to go to my Blogger account, and THEN you can click through to my blog. And I’m not allowed to add my Wordpress Blog to my Blogger account, either. So, two clicks to accomplish what Open ID does in one click. And hey look! My email address is visible right on this page! You can email me after you’ve visited my blog. How fantastic is that?
I much prefer the Open ID option that takes you straight to my blog. I prefer you comment straight on my blog instead of emailing your comment. But hey, the option is there to email me.
Does that make me evil? Well then I guess I’d better start practicing my evil laugh.
About BrootThoughts about learning and life that are lost in a sea of blogs.
- The racism discussion lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2020/06/15/the… 10 months ago
- The surveillance/police state is YOU. lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2020/04/06/the… 1 year ago
- The Neighbours are Watching lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2020/03/30/the… 1 year ago
- Touch the people staying in the house with you – carefully, cleanly, and appropriately lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2020/03/27/tou… 1 year ago
- When should you wash your hands? lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2020/03/23/whe… 1 year ago
THESE WORDS ARE MY TAONGA (treasures).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.