Nine Truths and One Lie
My friend Karen at Solodialogue recently complained that I’m a bit too anonymous online. Well, okay. I’ve mentioned why that is on my “What do you want to know” page but I’m also willing to tell you a bit more. So here we go. Nine of these paragraphs are truths, and one is a lie. Can you guess which?
1. My real first name starts with a “C” and I love it because my synesthesia makes “C” yellow so my name is a beautiful yellow colour.
2. I’ve sung on stage at Carnegie Hall in New York.
3. Lady Diana visited Vancouver, BC when I was younger. My mother, her friend, her friend’s daughters and I waited outside her hotel to give her some cards we had made. Her security detail told us she wasn’t stopping. She stopped anyways to take our cards (probably because we had cards instead of flowers?) and as my Mom frantically tried to take a picture she said “Drat! The camera won’t work!” and Lady Di said “They never do.” And off she went.
4. My dad used to take me to University with him when I was 3-9 months old. Apparently once he spent a whole lecture with spit-up down his back. No one told him until he was nearly at his car.
5. I’ve travelled to Japan, USA, the UK (including Wales), Belgium, Germany, Austria, and of course I’ve been to Canada and New Zealand.
6. I fainted on the inside steps of Mondsee Cathedral (where they filmed The Sound of Music‘s wedding scene) while my choir was singing, because I hadn’t slept all night, I forgot to eat breakfast, and it was darned hot in there!
7. When I was 12 I went a whole night and half a day without going to the toilet because we were out on a school camp, had to use a long drop, and we could hear a cougar prowling around our camp. Let me tell you, when I finally got to go, it was heaven!
8. I literally had to walk to high school uphill both ways. It was three kms to my highschool. To get there, I had to walk uphill one kilometre, along a flat road for one kilometre, and then downhill for one kilometre. One year, there was a big snowstorm. So I walked uphill both ways through knee-high snow. I just can’t claim I did it barefoot.
9. My past jobs have included a Hallmark retail sales clerk, a bookstore clerk, a maintenance person for a pet store, Barn Crew for the PNE, and a fast food worker.
10. I swore up and down from the time I was really little that I would never, ever, ever ever have children or have anything to do with them. Now I have 2 children of my own and work with other people’s children nearly every day!
So what do you think? Can you spot the lie? If I get ten unique guesses in the comments (regardless of correctness) I’ll give you the answer. Good luck!