All about food – are you tagged?
Cyndi at Latte Junkie challenged me to answer some questions on food and cooking.
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
I wanted a place to write out my musings and learnings. Just get back into the habit of writing. Writers write, you know. 😉
3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
Betty Crocker Cookbook. Before I discovered HFG (see above) I used this most of the time.
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
Kangaroo steak in Melbourne, Australia on our 10th wedding anniversary. Yum!
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
Does a range hood count? Hmmm. I’d love a kitchen aid mixer. I think I have a whole list of stuff I want from Pampered Chef. New baking pans would be fantastic since some of mine are rusting.
7. Who taught you how to cook?
My mother, my home economics teacher, and a lot of trial, error, and practice. I like watching youtube videos to learn new techniques.
8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
I make a really yummy homemade pizza. Crust from scratch. (That’s the one my hubby always requests) but I’m also proud of my hot & sour prawn soup.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
I love baked goods of any kind, but especially flavoured cakes, like an orange flavoured cake I request on my birthday.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
Even though I’m relatively skilled in the kitchen and can make a decent version of most recipes at which I try my hand, I have yet to make a successful batch of homemade uncooked fingerpaint for Playcentre. (I think I’m the only one!!)
Finally…tag 5 other bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!
Karen at Solodialogue
Jenn at You know … that blog?
Jenny at Practically Perfect
and Susan at Mighty Acorns
Although of course I neither expect you to do it nor will I be insulted if you don’t. 🙂 Do it, or not. Your choice! 😉
(wow, I know a lot of Jenns)