SOC: Android tablets
So instead, I’m just gonna do a general stream of consciousness.
I’ve finally entered this fancy “app” world with the purchase of an android tablet. I really wanted an iPad but we couldn’t afford that. Maybe now I don’t mind so much.
We’ve been playing with several free apps (especially games) and suddenly I again have leverage with my children.
“You wanna play on the tablet? Great. Count backwards from 25 for me.”
“Go clean your room!”
“Put your clothes away!”
“What number comes before 20?”
A mother could get used to this.
Plus suddenly I understand what people are talking about. I mean, I was on Twitter before. I’ve been on Facebook for ages. But now I can see the app versions of these and suddenly some comments make sense. Many misspellings make sense too. (I mean, geez, I know how to type properly, and now you want me to go back to single-finger hunt and peck?)
Bonus: I have Skype back!! During the great computer death at Christmas, I lost Skype, because my little old laptop couldn’t handle it and we weren’t allowed to download it to Hubby’s work laptop.
So what android apps do you love? Preferably free. I know many of them are inexpensive but we’re just not at that point yet. Unless, of course, one is so unbelieveably fantastic that we must purchase it, right?
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post. (Can be found at all.things.fadra)
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.