I definitely used the word “nutbar.” Or, things you shouldn’t do if a publication is going to review your book.
I’m subediting pages for the Journal.
Some of the pages involve a book review because the theme for this journal is ‘Literacy.’
I emailed one of the authors for the high resolution cover of her book.
Do you know what she sent me instead?
The proof for the inside pages of the book (okay, that could be an honest mistake…). A self-serving review done by an American publication. (Hello? If I’m REVIEWING your book I don’t need someone elses!!)
AND a headshot. Taken on her webcam. That made her look like a goth. Or maybe a vampire. It was scary.
She seriously wanted me to use it.
Thank goodness I couldn’t. The picture was only 27 kb. Can’t use that in a print publication.
I just backed away from the email slowly. Didn’t even bother to respond. Used a scanned hi-res picture of the cover of her book instead. I don’t think I’ll be talking to that author anymore. I actually seriously considered pulling the review. I might, still.
About BrootThoughts about learning and life that are lost in a sea of blogs.
- #wheresrory At Hunter Brothers Corn Maze in Florenceville-Bristol, New Brunswick, Canada. @TheBloggess http://t.co/jtBjxOFTmu 2 years ago
- I know where all the unmatched socks are... wp.me/pNYq8-xk 2 years ago
- On not feeling lighter wp.me/pNYq8-xg 3 years ago
- Tropical Storm Arthur and the New Brunswick lack of preparedness wp.me/pNYq8-xe 3 years ago
- Just what are they doing in there? wp.me/pNYq8-xc 3 years ago
THESE WORDS ARE MY TAONGA (treasures).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.